Monday, December 10, 2012

Bible Verses: The King Rocks!!

Above Picture from:  http://www.mastomamablog.com/

Ok so I changed titles to reflect more accurately my sentiments;) The remainder of this month we will focus on The Birth and Reign of Christ. Here we go. Passage from the book "The Case for Christmas" by Lee Strobel:

'"Every attribute of God, says the New Testament, is ultimatley found in the Christmas child who grew up to live a life unlike any other:

* Omniscience? In John 16:30 the apostle John affirms of Jesus, " Now we can see that you know all things."

* Omnipresence? Jesus said in Matthew 28: 20 "Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" and in Matthew 18:20 "Where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

*Omnipotence?" All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me," Jesus said in Matthew 28:18

*Eternality? John 1:1 declares of Jesus, " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

*Immutability? Hebrews 13:8 says, " Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."':

A hymn of Praise:

"Christmas Bells" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
" It was as if an earthquake rent
Thy hearth-stones of continent,
And made forlorn
The households born
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep,
"God is not dead nor does He sleep!
The wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."

What promise: God is here, His Son has died to bring us peace, He does not sleep, He has forgiven, we are free!!


3 comments:

Liz Luscomb said...

Love It!!

the mom~ said...

I LOVE that picture!

Nicole Stockton said...

Thanks everyone the picture I got from another blog now the owner has an etsy shop but she used to give thee away for free!! An absolute favorite of mine, I frame and use this one every Christmas.:)