Ok so this series continues. . . there will be two more posts about thankfulness. Sunday, we will wrap up this series and begin our series about the Birth of Christ:) Looking forward to all God has in store. I hope you all were able to celebrate a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and you probably share a long list of things you are thankful for as do I. Why is it then that we cannot remember this list when we are running late, when the car breaks down, when the rent is due, when frustrations rise with family? Why is it that thankfulness is easier to list than to live out? I hope this series inspires us to do more than keep lists, but rather to live in a way that brings God ultimate glory. For we are blessed, not because our posh houses are lined with too much stuff or because this month we will be getting more, we are blessed because God calls us to something more than what we see. He has taken us out of darkness and into light. . . oh may we live in this truth and may it set us free.
Verses of the week:
1 Thessalonians 5:18- "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
Psalms 116: 17- " I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord."
This weeks Topic: What we cannot see. What are some things that are intangible that you are thankful for?
1. Love: The feeling that rushes over you in worship of the Lord, that floods in when your house is full of sin, that cleanses like a flood.
2. Grace: The absolute gift, the ability to live in freedom
3. Peace: A rare treasure, a precious desire
4. Joy: Endurance despite storms, raging against the notion of mere "happiness"
5. Forever: I do not understand and yet I long for you, I do not know you and yet you fill my heart with promise.
Share your thoughts here or on Facebook> :)
Monday, November 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment