Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bible Verses: Jeremiah


For the next three weeks, Bible Verses will focus on Jeremiah 31. This month is going by so fast, and I feel like the series will need to continue to focus on Jeremiah. So the upcoming plan as of right now is this:
October-Jeremiah
November- Giving Thanks Series
December- The Birth of the Savior Series
January- Return to Jeremiah
Hopefully this will give us more time to dwell in this book rather than just rushing to the next one. This plan is subject to change but for now it seems to be one that will continue to challenge us and change us. Ideas for upcoming Series? Please comment and let me know what you would like to see covered in the Bible Verses Series. Without further adieu. . .

* Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord regarding the passage and its application to their own personal walk with the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:7-9
"'For thus says the Lord:
"Sing aloud with gladness for Jacob,
and raise shouts for the chief of the nations;
proclaim, give praise, and say,
'O Lord, save your people,
the remnant of Israel.'
Behold, I will bring them from the north country
and gather them from the farthest parts of the earth,
among them the blind and lame,
the pregnant women and she who is in labor, together;
a great company, they shall return here.
With weeping they shall come,
and with pleas of mercy I will lead them back,
I will make them walk by brooks of water,
in a straight path in which they shall not stumble,
for I am the father to Israel,
and Ephraim is my firstborn."

* The following notes reflect my own thoughts and feelings and are not interpretation. Each reader should seek the Holy Spirit regarding the passage and its translation and application.

This passage causes me to dwell on what a loving father the Lord is. The passage opens up with promise and a call to praise and to pray. Perhaps my heart becomes troubled because often I do not call to the Lord on behalf of our country and land. It is troubled because I don't give Him all the praise He is due. In that trouble it seems he draws within me a brokenness, perhaps I too shall fall at His feet and weep, for His love, for His mercy, for His promise. May each of us fall at His feet today and may we dwell with Him, Praise Him, and implore Him on behalf of His church. May he continue to straighten our path and lead us to a deeper relationship with Him.

No comments: