Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bible Verses: Jeremiah


For the remainder of October, the Bible Verses series will cover Jeremiah. We will not be covering much of the book, but in the future the series will return there. We will move through the book and focus on specific passages. The goal of the series is to allow a time during the week where we focus on a passage of scripture, seek the Lord regarding the passage, and ask the Holy Spirit to transform us throughout the week. Hopefully this series has been helpful in offering a brief but detailed study of various scriptures and it is my personal goal to motivate each of us, including myself, to seek the Lord more. That being said let us dig in and learn and may the Holy Spirit continue His work of transformation.

Jeremiah 1: 4-10
"'Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

Then I said, "Ah Lord God! Behold, I do not
know how to speak, for I am only a youth." But
the Lord said to me,

"Do not say, 'I am only a youth';
for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,
and whatever I command you, you shall
speak.

Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you,
declares the Lord."

Then the Lord put out his hand and touched
my mouth. And the Lord said to me,

"Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.
See, I have set you this day over nations
and over kingdoms,
to pluck up and break down,
to destroy and overthrow,
to build and to plant."'

* The following notes are my thoughts and feelings and do not reflect translation or interpretation. Seek the Holy Spirit regarding the passage, its meaning, and its application.

Without diving head first into predestination, which in this passage is hard, this passage really moves me to awe over the working of God in our lives. The power, presence, protection, and movement of the Lord in our lives from the beginning. The work he has called us to do that by our very nature he creates for us to do. It is amazing, and to say much, I believe is unnecessary. Regardless of who you are, where you are, age, background, or experience, the Lord is calling you. He is calling you specifically for an absolute purpose. So let each of us seek the Lord, listen to His voice, and take the first step toward the unbelievable path he has set out for us. . .

* The following are a list of Bible studies focusing on Isaiah if you are interested just click the hyper-link or copy and paste, click on the book to learn more or order online. At the end of each book of the Bible we study, I will share some possible in depth studies of the book. Hopefully these are helpful:)

http://www.mardel.com/search/default.aspx?keywords=Isaiah+Bible+Studies


http://www.lifeway.com/e17/shop/?Ntt=Isaiah+Bible+Studies&Ntk=All&N=0&D=Isaiah+Bible+Studies&Dn=0&Dk=1&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nao=15

No comments: