Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bible Verses: Marriage resources and study shift

This week the Bible Verses series will focus on marriage resources. I hope these suggestions are helpful as we continue our study on marriage. Starting next week and continuing through the beginning of November, the series will shift a little and focus on one marriage author per week. This is to give all of us a glimpse into their style, focus, and thoughts about marriage and hopefully spur us on to read more long after this study is completed. The best resource of all is always prayer and the Word of God, there is nothing quite like digging into the Bible with your husband, so first and foremost that time together is precious. Onto our study for this week.

Marriage Challenge: This week our challenge will be to research options of a book, DVD, or marriage seminar that we will be able to commit to by the end of this study.
Don't forget to share in the comments section as next week ends our contest and someone will receive a free item.:) 

One thing I can say about our experience is that we have never regretted reading a book together, going to a seminar or watching a DVD series it is time well invested, that we need to do more of today. I know that having families and kids makes time scarce and I have struggled to read anything about marriage after our little guy has been born. I hope that I too will return to focusing and investing in our marriage throughout this study. For those really short on time the DVD series are comprehensive but can be completed a lot faster than books. Seminars are awesome and I would recommend those over the other options but for a lot of us a seminar is just not something we can commit to right now so books and DVD's can be helpful. 

Some studies that have really helped us as a couple include:

*Our Secret Paradise by Jimmy Evans (Great book for Newlyweds or any couple)
*The Fig Leaf Conspiracy by Jimmy Evans (Wonderful book for women:)
* Created to be his help meet by Debi Pearl (Amazing resource for women) 
*The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (Also available for parents, I hope to read that one soon:)
*Lost in Translation by Dr. Steve Stephens (Hilarious book:)
* For Women Only and For Men Only Shaunti Feldhahn (Wonderful Bible Studies and super helpful practical tips)

DVD studies are available by several authors including:
Jimmy Evans, Gary Chapman and so many others

Free Resources include:
*Link on Facebook to John Piper's free marriage e-book
* www.marriagetoday.org has a bunch of free resources!

Please share in the comments section any books, DVD's or other resources that have helped your marriage.

:)

No comments: