This week the Bible Verses series will take a look at the author Shaunti Feldhahn and her awesome Bible Study "For Women Only." Please share your thoughts and comments below. :)
*P.S. Liz won the contest (your gift is on its way:)
There will another contest next month when we dive into Thankfulness. For now we are back to our marriage study. . .
Here are some of her quotes, I loved doing this Bible study with a group of women. It is so awesome to have that fellowship and communion with other married women who share your struggles and triumphs. I would suggest reading this with a close friend or a women's group, it really helps!
"Man was created to lead and to provide; but, because of the Fall, this role is not a joy but a burden with which he struggles out of a strong sense of insecurity. The woman was asked to complement and to support; but, because of the Fall, she struggles against that role, torn between her desire to be loved and cared for and her tendancy to exert her own will." - CAN I GET AN AMEN LADIES ABOUT OUR ROLE!!!
"In no other area is your man more vulnerable to those feelings of insecurity we talked about last week than in his need to provide. Nothing feels worse than being unable to provide for those he loves-a feeling he wants to avoid at all costs. Men constantly worry about failure at work, layoffs, or a downturn in business. Since a majority of the men (61 percent) said they regularly felt unappreciated at work, it appears that many truly think they are at risk. We may not see these fears. Our men go off to work everyday, looking confident. However, my many interviews with guys have convinced me those fears are very present." What do I love about this study? The fact that she uses scripture, data from interviews, real life examples, and statistics to prove her point." I learned so much about men just from completing this Bible Study and I longed to become a better wife because of it too. Even re-reading this material is inspiring.
"By becoming more of what my husband needs, I can propel him into the greatness to which God is calling him. I become a collaborator with God in his life and not a stumbling block interested in just my way. I trust that lightbulb has come on for you as well."
What more can I say? I could quote this entire study. Go check it out "For Women Only." Remember our goal of this series is to commit to an author, book, DVD, or seminar by the end of this month.
I know I said no more giveaways but I just can't help myself. You see I have an extra copy of this study and someone will receive it when they reveal at the end of the series which marriage material they will seek to learn from. I will randomly choose someone and you will get this study FREE!!!
Friday, October 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Your lavender soap is the best!! My mailbox has never smelled so sweet. ;D
Steven drives many miles a week for his job and listens to Wretched Radio...he JUST listened to something similar to this...that God's design was for men to be the bread winner and provide and women, to keep the home front, if you will. We talked about it and how cool our convo was! I absolutely love God's desgin :) We can FB inbox about this more...lol
Salena- That is awesome! I would love to talk about it as submission is something I struggle with in my own marriage and something I strive towards. Message me anytime:)
Liz- Yay I was hoping for it! :) so glad you like it!
Post a Comment