Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bible Verses: A Lesson from the Game of Life and Finances in Marriage

Ok people I am the least qualified person to discuss finances in marriage, and what am I am about to do? Post on it, proof that I learn as I write:) Anyways this week we will focus on finances and trusting God. The number one reason why people get divorced believe it or not is: MONEY!! Shocking, in a culture where we esteem money as a gardener esteems his prized tomato, this should be no shock, and yet sometimes to me it still is. Why would you divorce over money? Perhaps the root issue comes down to what you love, what you value, and who you serve. As Christ says in the Bible, "You cannot serve both God and money." Perhaps we all have a choice to make one that will hurt. I am in no position to speak upon making hard financial decisions but I will, you see we are where most middle income families are on a budget so tight we have to walk on a tightrope in with tennis shoes on at the end and beginning of the month. We have to question purchasing a fast food burger as far as budgeting and we most of the time forget that we do not need to depend on ourselves to provide, but we need to depend on the Provider. . .

So the game life, well who really wins at the end? Is it the person with the most MOLEY? nope. . . It really is the person with the most life experiences, I think this can teach us a lot in our marriages, family, and in life in general. You are not a winner because you are rich, in fact I think this can make life more difficult. You are a winner when you experience life to the fullest money or not.

Verses to Meditate on:
* Deuteronomy 28:5, 11-12, "Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store... And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee. The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow."

* Luke 12:28, "If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?"

* Deuteronomy 30:9, "And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:"

Verses from the site ( http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/bible_verses.php)


All this to say that this week's challenge is: To go on a free date:) Take a walk in the park, look at the stars after the kids go to sleep, watch Netflix, cuddle, look at albums, or anything you choose.:)

Share your experience below, the person who shares the most during the next three weeks will receive a prize so be sure to comment here or on Facebook.

P.S. I receive No income off of this blog now nor will I ever, I encourage you all to share to help others in their marriages and become an online community if you will:)


2 comments:

Liz Luscomb said...

Many times, Bubba and I will go on country drives in order to have some time together while the smaller children sleep in their car seats. Sometimes, that is all the time we can get!

Nicole Stockton said...

It is so true Liz! Being the busy parents we are it is so easy to forget the need to really focus on marriage. I have been trying to take more opportunities with Jared as well:) Thanks for sharing!