Thursday, September 13, 2012

August: Family Update

Sorry this is so late everyone. . . Here is our family update for August. We did not start back to school this month but many of my friends and family did. Our month was full of fun and lots of visits with friends and family. Kaleb continues to have fun with his friends as well, and we are starting to really grow close to some of them. We said goodbye for now to mommy and me yoga which ends until next Spring.We hosted our annual luau which was a blast! It was great to be able to celebrate the ending of summer with friends and somewhat bittersweet as I recalled that last August I was pregnant. I can't believe how fast time is passing, so rather than watch it go, I am grasping on to every moment:) and loving life!! Hubs and I continue our date nights periodically every month and have branched out to include date days, times where we can do outdoor stuff while Kaleb is being watched by the sitter and that has been lots of fun. Ok onto our individual monthly update:)

Jared: He has been busy at work and continues to advance in his knowledge and skills. This month he has continued to lead our Bible Study group and initiated a study with myself through some sermons which has been lots of fun. He enjoys our dates and has a blast with Kaleb. He is such a wonderful father that it is just amazing. The highlight of his month may have been the continue utterance of dada as he returns home from work:)

Nicole: This month like so many others has been a wonderful whirlwind. I completed several monograms that I had been working on and have now officially set a night for crafts each week to complete upcoming projects. I finished editing my short story compilation this month which is a huge feat and have discovered and researched a way to make my work into a manuscript and thus then others can order it as a book. Currently, I am still looking into self publishing for the time being due to my lack of funds to get an agent. I also plan on sending my manuscript off to a few people and seeing what happens. I have started working out when possible with my new treadmill and have seen results. I am etching closer to my goal weight which is wonderful. The soap business is on hold right now and will be until the beginning of next year so that I can get this writing stuff going. In other news I am party planning, playing, laughing, chasing my crawling boy around the house and loving every second of staying home with him.

Kaleb: He is growing so fast. . . which is bittersweet. I guess for me as a momma I enjoy watching him achieve new things but it also means that he is one step closer to not being my baby boy anymore which is hard. I mean don't get me wrong he will ALWAYS be mommy's boy but he will one day grow out of the baby faze. For now he is moving, moving, moving, this month he officially started crawling and is into everything which is kinda fun for me. He is also pulling up on things and cruising the furniture so he is all in all very mobile now. He still likes to cuddle with momma, he loves to kick his toy balls around, and adores reading and music. This month he has taken to a few instruments I bought he loves the tambourine and maracas of course the louder the better lol:) Overall, he is a happy healthy boy and we thank the Lord for him.

If you made it this far kuddos to you! I know these posts are marathons I just try to include as much as possible, so thanks for reading! 

What happened in your family in the month of August. . . ?


No comments: