Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bible Verses: 1st John



This month we are beginning in 1st John. I am so excited, this book has challenged me and changed me and I am looking forward to more changes through this study. I hope you are too! Please send me any ideas for summer as I am still exploring different options. At this point I am leaning towards a topical study that spans the course of June and July. Anyways, on with our current study. May God move, change, and challenge us through this study.

*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.

1st John 2: 1-6
"My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says, " I know him" but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may be sure that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked."

These verses are very convicting as are many in the book of 1st John. It causes me to analyze my own walk with the Lord and identify the areas of weakness; of not walking as he would walk. Letting go of my own selfish ambition to seek Christ alone. To walk away from the world and not look back, to look towards Christ to measure my self worth, not in accordance to society but in accordance to Christ. I have a long way to go, I do not walk alone. . .

No comments: