Saturday, September 21, 2013
Finn Carter's Birth Story
Finally without further adieu. . . here is Finn Carter Stockton's birth story.
Ok Saturday night September 7th I fell asleep on the couch watching a horrible food documentary. . . boring upon boring. Anyhow I had been having contractions at that point for two weeks off and on so I did not think much of the contractions I began to have upon waking up. Then an hour passed and they got stronger. . .and another hour and even stronger until about 3am when I told Jared this is it time to call our parents. Jared was a bit in disbelief as we had already been to the hospital two times in false labor. He did not become a believer until he heard me say a few things I normally do not. (Ha!) Anyhow he calls his parents and it seems to take forever for them to get to our house.
They arrive at our house and we rush to the hospital getting there around 4am. . . car contractions suck by the way nothing worse than being in pain in a closed confined space. Moving on we get there and check in and they tell me that I am 4cm dilated and 75% effaced. I was so thrilled. All of that happened on its own, something I had been earnestly praying for since we were so far overdue. I decide to get an epidural because I don't know how bad the pain will get, it takes over an hour to finally get it, and I was at that time 5cm. from that point on it was incredibly smooth sailing. They broke my water and I dilated to a 7, 8, 9. Then I got stuck at a 9 for over two hours, Finn's heart rate started to spike downward, he was in a weird side position, and I knew something was not right.
The doctor arrives and tells me that we have a situation that needs to be remedied the only solution was the one medication that I feared and hated: Pitocin. He gave me the option Pitocin for half an hour or a C-Section but the baby's heart rate was too erratic to continue the labor. So I prayed and I cried and I got angry and then I got Pitocin. I believed the whole time deep down that God would protect us and that He would bring Finn Carter safely into the world, but it was nerve wracking and defeating to hear that we would have to be medicated so late in the labor. 30 minutes pass and they come in to tell me that it is time to push and we have to push him out quick or we will head to surgery. . . 15 min to be exact. At that moment my faith hit the ceiling there was no other place to turn God would have to bring him out one way or another and I prayed and hoped and pushed harder than I ever had in my whole life. Then I heard him cry. . . I heard them call for NICU. . . I heard them say the cord was wrapped around his neck two times. . . and I knew without a doubt that God alone saves, God alone creates miracles, and we were holding one in our hands.
Finn Carter was born September 8th 2013 at 2:14pm. He weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 22 inches long. The doctor commented that he could not believe how big he was, I could not either. Our prayers were answered and the song that became my pregnancy theme song rang true, "Strength will rise when we wait upon the Lord. . . wait upon the Lord. . . wait upon the Lord." Praising God from whom all blessings flow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ahhhh, such a sweet story and blessing. Abram had the same issue with the cord except right after his head came out they told me to QUIT PUSHING!!! You're telling me I've got a baby hanging out of my who-who and you want me to STOP pushing? I tried to push and they said, STOP or you'll kill your baby!!!! I stopped, they quickly unwrapped it and I was clear to push the rest of his precious little body out. Scary to say the least...So thankful for His hand guiding both our boys safely into this world! Thanks for sharing your story. xoxo
Post a Comment