Wednesday, January 23, 2013

December Family Update

So without further adieu. . . here is our almost a month late family update. . . it has been super crazy around here. December is my favorite month of the year, I love everything about it from the smells, to the sights, to the cold chill in the air, fire with cozy blankets, slippers, coffee (ok I know some of those have nothing to do with December but hey). I love Christmas just the absolute joy of the year for me! So this month was of course a memorable one as all Decembers are but this year something was a little different. Love filled the air, and I knew well I kinda thought maybe after the giant pickle craving, that someone was here. The confirmation came right before Christmas Eve and we are thrilled!!! This new bundle of joy will fill our house with so much love, my heart just overflowed this Christmas. . . oh yeah it still is now. Of course I have the age old wonders about raising two babies under the age of two, but thankfully I will only be in that predicament for three months:) there is such a bright side! No doubt our house will get crazier, my hair will not get done even more, and the coffee will continue to flow. . . moving on to individual updates:

Jared: He had a great month and was able to actually take a man day and go hiking which was wonderful! He came back with award winning photos (seriously though he is so modest and his photos are soooo good! so I do brag because he is my hunny. . . ) anyways, he had a good month at work and enjoyed leading our Bible study group, being our driver for Christmas light explorations, our trail lead on what I would not call hikes but mere walks with Kaleb:), and of course being my sugar plum (he will once again hate this post) lol. Seriously though he is such a wonderful leader and each month I get to see him take more of a lead, such a gift from God.

Nicole: Welp . . . ok in between massive heartburn, nausea, and pickle loving, this month was full of exciting times with Kaleb. Our reading times were off this month so we spent more time with family and friends. We enjoyed a really fun mommy and baby's day out and we went bonkers, Ok Kaleb did I was actually really mellow. I enjoyed my cake ball obsession (I have curbed that a little), and enjoyed taking Kaleb to a few special story times in particular the one where he meets the worst Santa impersonation I have ever seen, yup the beauty of fake beards. Other than that we did make time for the park on warmer days, enjoyed the snow for a couple of days, and had a blast decorating cookies and the tree. It was another wonderful month. I also started weaning Kaleb which was so hard this month, but he took to it like a big boy and has made some amazing transitions. . . ok on to his updates...

Kaleb: He had a wonderful month full of changes. He began to sleep on his own (or in other words put himself to sleep) as he had been accustomed to me rocking him (which began to take like almost an hour after he pinched my arm, poked me in the nose and so forth), he had a couple rough days with it but then has been doing wonderfully ever since!! He also faced the weaning this month which he also transitioned to very well. He loves whole milk and his new favorite food is raisins:), He had a lot of fun with his friends and family this month and has started pointing and saying "dat" to which I tell him what the item is. He is also climbing and dancing. . . both wonderful skills, unless the climbing means our couch. He is growing so fast and so I just chase after him, demand hugs, and live every moment to the fullest!

How was your December? ?

1 comment:

Liz Luscomb said...

Eeeeep! I'm just so excited for you guys! Babies are a true blessing from god. :) can't wait for the belly shots!