This week we continue our series focusing on God's promises. . . again he makes all things new. . . this week is especially dear to my heart, this promise especially has transformed my life. Without further adieu this weeks promise is that God promises to be our Father. What does that mean? It means he promises to love us, to pick us up when we fall, to forgive us, to embrace us, to relate to us, to know us. . . to fill in the empty hole left by our earthly fathers to restore broken abusive parental ties to one that is whole, healthy, and loving. This promise means so much and I cannot put it all into words, this promise carried me through darkness, walked with me through the gates and chains of abuse, and has set me free.
2 Corinthians 6: 16-18
"I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
Therefore, go out from their midst,
and be separate from them, says the Lord,
and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you,
and you shall be my sons and daughters to me,
says the Lord Almighty."
I don't think much more needs to be said regarding this promise, it is just something that we each have to experience, and to keep experiencing as we walk with the Lord. As the wonderful song goes, "You bring restoration. . . to my past, "You bring restoration. . . to my pain" " You bring restoration to my emptiness" "You bring restoration . . . you call me your own" You bring restoration. . . you carry my sin and shame" "You bring restoration to my soul. . . "
Monday, January 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment