Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May: Family Update

Wow, I can't believe I am already writing this post again. May has been a whirlwind of a month so here it goes:

We moved this month into our first house (a rental:) we love it! We have spent most of this month unpacking, moving, redecorating, cleaning, organizing, oh yeah and a wedding, three birthdays, and a graduation, no biggie. Seriously this month has been jam packed. We have enjoyed every moment though as crazy as May has been. Jared's brother also graduated college this month, his cousin got married, and I turned 26 not to mention Kaleb turning 6 months old. Wheeeewww! Ok now a little more details about our month individually.

Jared: He is once again super busy at work, and now also at home. He bought his first lawn materials this month and has been building his "man cave" in the garage. He has completed several awesome projects at work from an Avengers live wallpaper to updates on several of his other developments. Overall, he has had one busy month as he did the bulk majority of our moving. He is also enjoying his new grill and time in the backyard with us as a family.

Nicole: Well I have been party planning this month, decorating, and shopping. It has been super busy. I enjoyed my first Mother's Day although I consider it my second in some ways. An embryo is a life and you are a mother as soon as you find out you are pregnant, however you don't fully experience motherhood until you have the baby. Anyways, I enjoyed that wonderful day with my boys. I also turned 26 this month although I feel much younger. :) We had a wonderful celebration in Frisco and I enjoyed some great cupcakes. This month I also started a routine walking regime and have been cutting out sugars again in hopes of shedding a little more weight from my pregnancy. I am happy with who I am and my body is definitely more womanly which is not a bad thing, I just want to be more in shape, Kaleb has been riding with me in the carrier which is great too. Other than that I have just been enjoying all the family time with all of the events we have had recently. Looking forward to a much more mellow June though back to our regular routine of reading times and yoga:)

Kaleb: Kaleb has been growing like a weed, literally, he changes each day. He officially turned 6 months old this month. His hair has started to really come in and I think once he gets more of it, it will be dark brown. It is hard to tell right now though. This month he is officially sitting up on his own and attempting to move forward which is great. He has been eating solid fruits and veggies. He hates peas and seems to enjoy bananas. He has been taken off of cereal due to his allergic reactions but he is faring fine without it. He is a happy boy who now can say momma. He sleeps mostly through the night, well except when he doesn't so we are still working on that one. He still eats at the same intervals about every three hours. He loves to play, dance, and laugh. Yes he really does dance. He also has been in the habit of kicking off shoes and much prefers a onesie to a full on outfit. (Mommy prefers the outfits though). He is such a cutie pie and I am so blessed to share my days with him. Looking forward to many more sunny swim days ahead in June.

Hope you all had a wonderful May full of God's grace. Share what you did below in comments:)

P.S. Check back tomorrow for a Bible Verses Post!

No comments: