Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bible Verses: Reflections on James and Future Plans


The Bible Verses series is officially back!! This week I will share a few reflections from James. Starting next week we will get into the subject of endurance. What does it mean to endure in the faith, what are we called to endure, and so forth, I am looking forward to finding out more of this with you all. So we are headed in that direction for the month of May. :)

Here we go:
James has a lot to teach with such simple language to do so. I admire his straightforward, sharp as an arrow cautions and truths that pierce through the thick shell of a hard heart. What I am left with in regards to this book is a feeling of abandonment, one that I have scarcely explored yet, he makes me want to move to a foreign country just to be closer to God.

My materialistic roots begin to surface and the reflection troubles me, I reach again for the easy solution attempting to fix myself, only to stumble back to James and get hit by truth again. So here I am, half empty, mostly seeking, heart heavy, sin exposed, and the only place to go now, the cross my friends.

I need to pack up my troubles and let them go at the foot of the cross, I need to wipe off the facades and come face to face with the person in the mirror who as of late has been a self seeking, and indulgent, prideful, fool.

Only one can change me from the inside out, my soul cries out. . .

1 comment:

Liz Luscomb said...

First of all, nice picture!
Secondly, the book of James does tell you like it is without sugar coating things. His words certainly challenges ones self on how to approach their life and their hardships and to always find God, Jesus, joy and meaning in all of life's problems as well as life's good moments. (At least from what I remember reading of James. It has been a while. Right now I am doing a reading plan that is called "Jesus in 30 Days". So far so good.) ;D
Very nice blog post. :)You're a good writer.