Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Memories


As the summer draws to a close in the next few weeks, I wanted to share some of my favorite memories from this summer. I think I am going to do this for every season just to look back and have a record. Share yours too!

*Kaleb: This summer we found out Kaleb was a boy and we selected his name together. I have watched as my belly grows all summer long. It has been a really hot summer, record heat this year, and yet we braved it like troopers with lots of Seltzer water. I love this little guy and I am looking forward to our fall together as well.

*Our Anniversary: We celebrated our third anniversary this July. We enjoyed a date night and looking back at old pictures, it was great! It does not seem like three years and God continues to allow our love to grow deeper. We are truly blessed.

* Trip: We were able to take a trip to Fredricksberg this summer and enjoy some time away. It was really memorable and nice and I look forward to the new places we will go in the future. I am also looking forward to more trips this coming Spring.

* Lake: We have been to the lake a few times this summer and it has been lots of fun. We enjoyed spending time with friends there and just relaxing. Our luau was a blast this year and we look forward to many more lake days in the future.

*Girls Day Outs/Hanging out: This summer I have really had the opportunity to hang out and catch up with a lot of my friends and family. It has been great to see girly movies, go shopping, eat dinner, and just talk for hours:)

* Nesting: This summer as I watched the birds build a nest on my porch, we have spent a lot of time moving in and decorating our nest especially little Kaleb's room. To think less than a year from now we will be doing this again in a new location is exciting and I am looking forward to all God has in store for us.

* Church: God has led us to a new church home and we have enjoyed several services there that have literally hurt and transformed. We are looking forward to upcoming membership and small group time and getting to know our new family.

* Swimming: This was about the only physical exercise I could do all summer long, so we have spent quite a few evenings at the pool. It has been fun:)

*Birthdays: I celebrated my 25th birthday in May and Jared turned 26 on July 14th. We enjoyed celebrating! We even celebrated Jared's birthday on our trip this year.

*Writing: I am finishing up/editing my short story compilation and look forward to finalizing it and seeing it in print soon. Hopefully it is off to some publishers as well. I have one more book I want to finish writing before the baby is born. So I need to get started. . .

*Craft projects: I am so happy that I have finished a couple craft projects for Kaleb, still a few more in the works. Jared has done some cute stuff in Kaleb's room too. I also am enjoying making craft projects for the upcoming babies for fall. Looking forward to more progress in this area, hopefully:)

*Reading: I have finished about three great books this summer so far, and I have a lot on my list! I am looking forward to making more time to read.

*Backpacking: Jared enjoyed his first backpacking trip this summer with a buddy and his brother. It went well and they have many memories to share.

As the next few weeks continue to wrap up summer, I am looking forward to more memories. . .

No comments: