Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bible Verses: Truth


This is the last week in the series regarding truth. Next week we begin a month long series on redemption. I am looking forward to all God has in store for us. I pray that He continues to draw us closer in our walk with Him, He continues to challenge us, and He continues to change us.

*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.

John 14 1-6

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "And where I go you know, and the way you know."
Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

We have often heard this passage but never before have I considered the questions that Thomas asks. It is so with us as well. There is a time in our lives where we are not certain about the promise of Heaven, about the throne of God. Perhaps we are in a season of doubt or we just do not comprehend that the place is very real, more real than what we experience now. Another moving thing is his other question we do not know the way there. We do not know how to get there. We have all been here before dear ones and then the Holy Spirit shows us the way.

The words of Christ are so much more powerful that they shake the unstable ground of uncertainty and fear. He is the way, He is the truth, He is the Life. What does that really mean. There is no way but Christ. There is no truth outside of Christ. There is not Life apart from Christ. These are assertions are not open for debate, but rather Christ specifically states He is the only truth. Why oh why do we wander from this?

If we are living for anything or anyone else it is all an illusion. If we think we are not living for someone or something else we need our hearts to break. There is an urgency to seek Christ. To put aside a self driven, materialistic culture, to stop spending time seeking the approval of others. Dear ones lets get on our knees, let's leave the the world to be the world, and lets seek the only Truth.

Echos of Truth:

"From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth; from the laziness that is content with half-truths; from the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth, oh God of Truth deliver us." -Unknown

"Peace if possible, truth at all costs." Martin Luther

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell






No comments: