Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bible Verses: Truth


We continue this week with the series on Truth. Next week we will wrap up this series and head into one more topical series on Redemption for the month of September. After that we will move back into our book of the Bible studies. Looking forward to all God has in store for us.

*Bible Verses is not an exhaustive study and each reader should seek the Lord alone for revelation and translation.

Romans 1:18-21

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who supress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, all though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened."

This passage is a hard one to digest. I have been one who has suppressed the truth at one point in my life. I have been here. I knew who God was but I did not glorify Him instead I glorified myself. I deserve the wrath mentioned here but God is merciful. His Son has set me free.

On another note I think this passage speaks clearly that atheism is simply not true. One may not glorify God but they know Him. They have an awareness of Him based on what He has revealed to them. It is a rebellion but it is still a rebellion against God. God has revealed himself to us. He has made himself known here. Every single aspect of creation cries out for His glory. Whether we hear or notice that or not.

His handiwork is visible in our bodies as our heart beats another time, our breath leaves and comes back, our blood rushes through our veins. Why? Why are you here? To put it simply. We are here to glorify God to acknowledge His power and glory in our lives because we love Him. We are drawn to understanding, the truth has set us free!!


Echos of truth:
"To see what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle." George Orwell

"We are often unprepared for truth, which is why Truth is revealed to us progressively." Chip Brogden

"Truth: The most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." John Gilmore

*Note on the final quote: Wow there is only one truth I know that has truly experienced all of what is listed. The gospel of Christ! Truly something does have to die, we do. We have to die to ourselves in order to live for Christ.


No comments: