Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Reading

The Abram's Daughters series is really good and I read it this summer. It is about the Amish and is really interesting. They are so well written and the plot is really good. The books don't take long to read and they really help the reader learn more about the Amish and its just a really good read with excellent characters. They are great books.
This is such a cute book. It is all about the history of aprons and the various uses and significance throughout time. It is really interesting and even includes an apron pattern at the end if you want to sew your own apron. It was given to me and I love it. It is really a neat book.
I love Chicken Soup for the Soul Series'. I love true stories and I think that the series is inspiring and interesting. They have a book in the series for almost any interest and its definitely worth the read. The short stories don't take long to read so its perfect for someone on the go.
I finished Sense and Sensibility and it is a good read, a little long, and not my favorite novel, but it is set in an interesting time period and the characters are well developed. The plot takes a while to get to a point, but it is kind of like a movie that slowly progresses but ends rather poetically.

This summer I got to read a lot of fun stuff. It was nice to spend time at home just reading. Now that summer is coming to a close and school will be starting again, I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorite books from the summer. Many of them are simple reads and yet have alot of useful and interesting true stories or information. Hope everyone has had a great summer, and if anyone has a book suggestion I would love to hear it:)

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

I would love to see tha Apron book, maybe I will see if my library has it.

Toni said...

Some great books and good reads