Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lessons from Revelation


The last few months our bible study group has studied The Revelation. It is the final book in the bible and entails prophesy, signs, and details regarding the end times. It was refreshing and yet astounding to see how far God's love travels, and it travels to the very end. So there were many things that I learned throughout the study of Revelation, and we had some great time together as a group trying to discern the symbolism. We had great talks, coffee breaks, and laughs together and I believe the study taught us all many things. We ended the study by getting pizza and then reading the final two chapters of Revelation. It was a great time and I can't wait to see what we will study next. So here are a few things I learned:

1. God's love is everlasting and beyond comprehension. The hope of seeing Christ face to face and worshiping him, while he leads us on the 'New Earth' is awe inspiring.

2. God's mercy never ceases, even in the end he longs to bring people to him, and longs for the people to know and worship him. His mercy in unfailing.

3. There are so many things we don't know and can never imagine, even with the descriptions throughout the book, my mind can still not fathom all that God has in store.

4. Prophesy is an awesome and splendid thing. So many prophesies are fulfilled in Christ and even in the end times. I realized that it would be interesting to do more studies on the prophetic books of the bible.

5. We should not fear, God is our strength and he is our anchor in the worst of times and in the best of times.

So to sum it all up, this study has changed my perspective, my trust, my hope, and encouraged me to dig deeper, God's word is truth and life.

P.S. Please share any thoughts or interpretations about Revelation, the study is never complete and I would love to learn or hear from you.:)

No comments: