Thursday, January 5, 2017
2016 Year in Review
Ok ya'll so I get a total F for blogging this year. . . :) it's been a whirlwind and so I am catching up here and hoping to be more consistent in 2017 with this thing. So to wrap up 2016 I will just share a bit about our year and as most of ya'll follow us on Facebook I'll try to not over-elaborate. :)
We started 2016 with two little guys and a baby girl and ended 2016 with a five year old, a three year old, and a one year old. The time has flown by so fast it's crazy!!! We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this year at a wonderful Mckinney day getaway. It's so hard for me to believe it has really been 8 years since we walked the aisle. Jared gets funnier and cuter each year:). He continued working at Bottle Rocket as an Android Engineer I have no idea the official title but he has had great success there in 2016 and leads a team of workers. We enjoyed so many fun dates this year from beaches, to operas, to just snuggles at the movie theater it has been great. We still have many goals for our marriage and consistency with reading the Bible and praying together is one thing we hope to really get serious about in 2017. We are still learning about one another each day and are far from perfect but we sure do love each other like a lot.
As for myself it has been a crazy juggling game this year. I finally feel great physically with the help of some awesome zumba and workouts and have finally started to get time to embark on studies and read books again which has been so awesome. This year I printed my first book of short stories and after a second printing I will send them off for hopeful publication in 2017. I have a new project that the Lord placed upon my heart in regards to writing and I hope to begin the work on that very soon. Motherhood has been a whirlwind of the best kind and I say all the time that the kids have changed me so much and each day I am reminded of the constant need for the Lord and the urgency of His grace and peace. I feel more relaxed as a mom of three than I was as a mom of two and I am sure the backseat of my van reflects that:) lol. I love motherhood ya'll even in the hard, crazy, hair pulling seasons I wouldn't change these sweet moments with my crew for anything. I am looking into homeschooling and have been researching that and as always I find myself a bit of a free spirit:) hopefully that benefits the kids greatly we shall see. We will determine our schooling year by year child by child so we are trusting that God will totally lead in this area but it's been fun to research none the less. So that's pretty much where I have been if I have not been holding coffee, holding a baby, or chasing a boy:) Love ya'll!
Kaleb is now five years old and we were excited to celebrate his birthday at Lego Land this year. He enjoys Science, Building with Lego's, and exploring outdoors. He started an official preschool at church this year and is excelling there and loving all his new friends. We continued his last year of home preschool as well and he will complete Pre-K offically in May of 2017. We are excited about all God has in store for him in the coming year:)
Finn turned three this year and is as daring as he has ever been. He prefers to be called Batman and he sure keeps us on our toes. He also started home preschool this year and he is loving it!! He enjoys being outside and pretty much all sports. He played Bitty Basketball this year and had a blast. His personality is so fun loving and he has a natural wit:) We love our little Batman and look forward to all the adventures that await him this year.
Alexa Hope is continuing to grow and change everyday. She is what I like to call a firework.:) She is outgoing and very loving and enjoys performance whether it be singing or dancing. She loves her brothers and keeps them on their toes. We have enjoyed every bow, every pink item, and every baby this year as we embark on the journey with our sweet girl. We are so excited to see more of her personality in the coming year!!
Thank ya'll for reading this we are looking so forward to 2017.
"For I know the Plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment