Friday, August 26, 2016

The balance beam






"Because your're mine, I walk the line." - Johnny Cash

Hi ya'll it's back!!!:)

The blog that is ready to write a post about raising boys. I love to call this post balance beam because as a mother to boys that is exactly how I feel. Daily I walk the line. . . queue Johnny Cash please;) You see my boys are born leaders each of them and each of them feel like they are called to fulfill that destiny.

Mothering boys is not for the faint-hearted. I pray daily that my boys come to know and love Jesus as I try and figure out how to minster to their hearts. Hearts that are very different from mine. My oldest son is very much a leader but a quiet and very independent one I have to speak to him with time. My most valued asset. My younger son is a vocal leader an in your face, take charge, little man and I speak to him with tenderness. You see ya'll none of us are equipped outside of Jesus to raise these little people and I become more and more convinced that as I challenge them they also challenge me to be who God made me to be. In order to minister to my oldest I must make time and stop the endless list of to-do items. My youngest is very passionate in every regard, but he also lavishly loves and he challenges me to take each day moment by moment.

You see everyday I look into the faces of these little men and I walk the line. I don't want to push them too hard but I know that they need a little bit of encouragement, I don't want to limit them but man they are risk takers, I don't want to tell them who to be but I want to guide them in who to become, and ya'll this line is a thin one and so I kinda hold on.

You see sometimes all I see as a parent is the beam, I see where we need to be not where we are. When raising boys I am convinced that I don't have it all together and I'm not supposed to. I lead them to Jesus and I reach out to their hearts and then I sit back and I enjoy the wild, fun, amazing memorable days ahead. I have to see that standing at the end of the beam is someone saying come on boys and it's not me. It's not me at the end of the beam calling the boys, cheering the boys, picking them up. . . It's Jesus.

There is one that loves these little hearts more than I do. Someone who picks them up and ministers in places I can't even see. Trust ya'll because in trust their is so much peace. All along this path I walk with these little soon to be men, I can see the beautiful reflection of God working in them and in me.

"Be still and know that I am God."




No comments: