Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bible Verses: Marriage end of series post

I find it completely suitable to cover Biblical marriage when it is under attack, being cast out, and being trampled on by our society. Everywhere you seem to look marriage must defend itself, I however must say that the best defense of marriage is our own marriage testimonies. What is real love??? Well you can really only experience that with another person inside a marriage. . . how do I know??? I have tried it many times without a marriage commitment my past in marred with broken dreams, sin, and utter failure to achieve what I was so desperately seeking. . . and yet the beauty of what God creates out of the wreckage of the past is remarkable. I am more in love with Jared now then I have ever been in love with any other person ( I am not just saying this for the blog. . . ) Has our marriage been perfect? Oh if some of you only knew our story, experienced our struggles, or embarked on our journey. I am not speaking from someone who has no experience with pain inside and outside of marriage, I speaking from the perspective of someone who has a past of pain and bad relationships, a marriage that has been pushed to the limits, and a God that always restores. Experiencing the Biblical definition of love never occurred outside of our marriage. Without commitment people have a tendency to use you, walk out, leave when things get tough. In marriage is the only place you see beauty from ashes because you must work things out, you must love when you don't feel like it, you must press forward . . . because what you are fighting for is worth it. The world promises a lot of things and most it cannot deliver. Marriage promises nothing but love. . Broken love, but love that is there through the pain. Imperfect love, but love that never compares you to the lastest pinup model. Difficult love, but love that never walks away or runs out on you. Marriage is what God dreamed for us, it is His glory!, No country, law, government, or entity can ever squander what God has created; for it is His.  May our marriages be legacies of love that impact generations. . .

*We will return next week with our new series "Identity" hope you will stay tuned.

Quotes to meditate on:












  • Genesis 2:21-25 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.


No comments: