Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bible Verses: Marriage

This week we will return to our marriage series. . . and I am thirilled to announce that after next week the final week in this series, we will begin a series called "IDENTITY unmasked" I can't wait!!! Until then we will wrap up by pondering, applying, and seeking God regarding verses about marriage. I hope you will share your thoughts, story, or other marriage information that will be helpful to other readers before the end of this series next week.

 May God move and change us. . . also please check out:
http://www.tonyevans.org/site/c.feIKLOOpGlF/b.2017593/k.BE75/Home.htm this website for a free book and an awesome and I mean awesome series on the Family and Marriage currently being aired on the radio by Tony Evans. Great stuff!!

Here we go: There will be no commentary for the final two weeks as we will let God speak for Himself and as the verses listed are applicable to every reader in a different way. 

Proverbs 5:18-19
"May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer- may her breasts satisfy you always, may you be ever captivated by her love."

Proverbs 12:4
"A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay to his bones."

Matthew 19: 4-6
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that in the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female' and said, ' For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh? Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."

Hebrews 13: 4-7
"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.What can man do to me?" Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."

All verses retrieved from: http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/marriage-bible-verses/

No comments: