Monday, February 25, 2013

Bible Verses: Love

This series is due for two more posts, since I will be on an internet break starting this Wednesday until next Wednesday I will post the final post in this series on Tuesday:) Next week after I am back, we will start the series on Prayer which I will dive into details on later. The next two posts of this series will be rather different. Today I will share some quotes and commentary as well as book/marriage study suggestions and I would encourage all of you to join in and share any of the former as well. The post on Tuesday will be a testimonial love story post about Jared and I and our courtship and marriage. I would encourage you all to share your story as well or a link to it if you have your own blog. Ok here we go. . .

*Quotes:

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." _Harry in When Harry Met Sally

I love this quote I guess this has always been how I felt about marriage, you just know they are the one for you when you know, why wait??? I wanted Jared and I to start our journey together as soon as possible which led to inevitable good and bad results. What I will say about this in regards to love is that everyone falls in love in their own time but once you are there why wait for marriage??? Why wait to commit the rest of your life, Just my questions;) 

"True love lasts a lifetime." - Karen in Love Actually

Of course I  love the movie Love Actually, so I can't have movie quotes without this one:) I will say that I agree with this a little but I also think that true love can last longer than a lifetime. Christ loved us before the world began, before He formed us, therefore I can say that He will love us long after death. In regards to true love, I think that true love only comes from God, He is the only one who can love perfectly. 

"Love is the only shocking act left on the planet."
So true!! It is no longer shocking to give someone what they deserve, to disrespect someone, to be unfaithful, to have no character, in fact in our country that is sadly the status quo. Instead, what is shocking is actually loving someone, meaning you can see past imperfection because you love them regardless of it. Shocking is committing to someone, meaning it, and living in that commitment for the rest of your life regardless of what comes. Shocking is loving in the times that are bad, in the times where you are poor, In times of sickness. . . oh yeah those are marriage vows too:) Love is all that is left, it is all that remains, so invest in love. 

*Lyrical quotes:
No commentary just reflection
"Have I told you lately that I love you. . . Have I told you there is no one else above you . . . you fill my heart with gladness. . . you take away my sadness. . . ease my troubles that is what you do." -Eric Clapton

"You take me away. . . you take me away. . . I've got nothing left to say. . . just take me away." -Lifehouse

"And I will always love you . . . oh I will always love you. . . " -Whitney Houston

"I start walking your way you start walking mine. . . we meet in the middle. . . neath that old Georgia Pine. . . we gain a lot of ground when we both give a little. . . ain't no road too long. . . we meet in the middle.- Diamond Rio

*Book/Marriage Study Suggestions:
*For Women:
Designed to be His Help Meet. -Debbie Pearl

Feminine Appeal- Carolyn Mahaney

The Fig Leaf Conspiracy- Jimmy Evans

For Women Only: Shaunti Feldham

*For Couples:
The Five Love Languages: Gary Chapman

Our Secret Paradise: Available in DVD or book format : Jimmy Evans

Marriage on the Rock: Available in DVD or book format: Jimmy Evans

Lost in Translation: Dr. Steve Stephens

Please share your thoughts or suggestions below:





No comments: