Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lately . . .






Lately things have been really busy around here. I wanted to give everyone some updates. This year began with an answer to prayer in regards to our finances as Jared was given a raise at work and I returned to work and also got a raise. This is a huge praise and a big answer to prayer. I have been staying home with the little guy most of the time and it is great! I am watching him grow everyday.

Spiritually speaking we are hanging in there but have lots of work to do. We have been attending church again as much as possible and are still having our Bible Study group on Thursday nights. Unfortunately, due to time constraints we had to leave our home group this month, we just cannot do two groups a week and spend adequate time together as a family. So we are praying about what God has in store for us next, including potential service areas.

In other news we are trying to go on two dates a month and are reading and working on our marriage as we are looking forward to it growing closer each year. We spend the weekends together usually relaxing and taking hikes and being outdoors as much as possible. Jared gets to stay home with Kaleb while I go to work which is always lots of fun for him.

Kaleb is growing bigger everyday and he is now able to hold his head up pretty well. He loves to move and frequently kicks off socks, shoes, and blankets. He likes to play now and loves to hear music or hear mommy singing(he is the only one.) He smiles lots now and even laughs it is great!

As for myself I am trying to get in shape and eat healthier this year. So far so good, I usually make it out to the park two times a week to walk around. I am still working on my writing or it least mentally I am. Right now I am knee deep in vaccination research to support our decisions and it is dense. I have also been manning an online book club and love to spend time with our friends and family.

This year got off to a great start and I am looking forward to all God has in store for our family.

1 comment:

the mom~ said...

Sounds like life is treating you well and you are very aware how to make your marriage work now that Kaleb is here. Date nights are so important! When we had Ethan, I was still going to school, so the 2 days I went to school, Steven took those days off to be with Ethan...he loved and he and Ethan have such a cool bond. I'm happy Jared is able to spend this time with Kaleb!