Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Year in Review















































Well hello again friends it seems I am only able to update this blog infrequently now and when I do another year has passed! As I attempt to summarize our whirlwind of a year just note that it is literally impossible to record all the memories we have, the smiles we have shared, the laughter, and the hardships. Suffice to say this was a year of growth for our family in more ways than one and also a year of completion. Well I guess I'll dive right in. . .

It's been a year of success for Jared as he continues to move forward as a lead developer at work and as the leader of the household here. :) He is very hands on and I can't be more blessed to have him not only work a full day but come home to play with the kids and help with the household work. It was so exciting to take Jared to the Grand Canyon this year for the first time and I think he fell in love with it;) We shared a few overnight fun dates this year before Jake came and made some amazing memories. He still keeps me warm each night and is the absolute love of my life.

It has been a year of new beginnings for Kaleb as he started Kindergarten and also for me as I began my first year as a home school mom. It has been bumpy but once we both really got to know each other and our learning styles this year has taught me so much about education, relationships, and of course Kaleb. He has been growing so fast and is a typical boy in many ways. He loves Legos and building and has a knack for projects (like daddy). He is very focused and has an artistic eye for building structures and architecture. He played  T-ball this year and had so much fun on and off the field. He mastered the monkey bars, tying his shoes, and reading this year. It was a big year for our biggest boy.

It has been a year of adventure for Finn as he began his first year of preschool with other kids. Our little social butterfly is having the time of his life with his friends there and has grown in so many ways in his short time in preschool. He played Bitty Basketball this year and was pretty sure he was the team champ:) despite being the smallest on the team. His heart grew so much this year and I had the rare privilege of watching him selflessly reach out to his siblings, strangers, and friends. He has been working on writing his name this year and has mastered all preschool objectives and is moving at a face pace to an early Kindergarten. He loves books, climbing, and really enjoyed our family vacation to Disneyland.

It has been a year of firsts for Alexa Hope. She has grown at a crazy fast pace recently (A little too fast if you ask me:) She gave up her pacifier a few months ago and has taken to a blanket that she insists upon taking with her from time to time. She says full phrases and is quite the conversationalist and loves to talk. She adores tea parties, tutus, and gymnastics and can jump on the trampoline!!:) She loved our family vacation and enjoyed cheering on her brothers at their sports. She is delightful but also full of emotion:) She loves to sing and can sing her favorite songs. . . Twinkle Twinkle, and Jesus Loves Me. Our little girl is moving out of the baby phase and becoming a big girl!!

Our sweet Jake just joined the family but he is such a blessing! We are delighted at watching his personality develop daily. He is still such a brave fighter but he is by far the most cuddly baby we have had yet!! He can coo and roll and his smile lights up a room!!!

As for me this year is one I will always cherish for the spritual growth our family has experienced and also for the completion of our family with Jake. As I take in each day as a wife, mother, educator, and CEO ( just kidding;) I am just full of gratitude that this is the life I get privileged to live with my favorite people in the world. There are crazy days, crazy nights, sickness, bad attitudes, ups and downs with construction projects, rainy days etc too but honestly in the midst of all that, I am one blessed woman with a large cup of coffee:). If I can say one thing it is that I have felt your prayers this year as we prayed for and welcomed Jake into the world there was a tangible sense of God being near and being wrapped in prayer and we are ever grateful for each of you and your care for our family. 2017 you will go down in history and our family history and we are so thankful for all the memories we shared this year with you!!!

2018 here we come. . .:)

No comments: