High time I got back to this thang called blogging. . . :)
Time to write a post that I have feared writing but one I feel is absolutely necessary. This post is called super mom. . .
There is a lot of white space because hopefully you paused to think about that title. What does super mom mean to you? Do you have it all together? Is your house in perfect order? Are you on time every morning first in the drop off line? Did you Pinterest your curtains(ok I did but that's just coincidence), Are you kids perfectly obedient only offering smiles, are you happy? Wait what was that. . . ARE YOU HAPPY? Wait don't you mean ARE MY KIDS HAPPY? Nope I mean are you happy? Is your definition of motherhood some fairy tale dreamland that is so far from reality that a cheerio might have just flown over your table and smacked you in the face. Cause ya'll Iv'e been there. Trenches. . .real motherhood the kind that hurts. The kind that is anything but perfect. The kind that is real and hard and yet I can say ya'll I am crazy happy.
Trenches. . . if you have ever had kids for even a minute you know what it is like to sit there and think wow this is hard. Or maybe it's just me. . . I mean breastfeeding hard. Toddler years hard. Discipline hard. There is not a thing about this gig that makes me want to sign up. I mean there are no sign on bonuses, I get no vacations and no weekends. Oh and the applause well it is all but silenced by the stares of random strangers as I pick up my two year olds shoe in the aisle of Walmart. . .
Happy. I get to be the one to do this hard stuff with those little people I love more than life itself. I get to hold their hands, wash their little dirty cheeks, clean their clothes after they have romped in the mud again, I get to hold them when they cry, and I get to tuck them in at night. Somehow in that moment you know the one where it all feels like it may fall apart, God finds me. He tells me that I am not perfect, he loves me, he makes me happy, and he says, "Nothing you do will ever stop me from loving you." and I tell that to them. In that moment when perfection meets my imperfection Christ screams redeemed. I hug that little one again and I say yes this is hard but baby this is a calling. . . I am not super mom but I am a mom with a superman named Jesus. . .
So next time you are tempted to compare yourself to the pinterest perfect hair mom remember there is no comparison for you. God made you to raise your babies and you are the perfect person for the job. . . No one else is like you, no other mother will do. You've got this because HE HAS YOU!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment