Your life can change in an instant. . . Your world transformed in a mere moment.
Alexa Hope's Birth Story begins like her conception began as a complete surprise, an unexpected blessing, and an absolute shock:) As many of you already know we had been praying and gathering all friends and family to pray for the arrival of Alexa on her own without induction. Let's be honest the odds were against us but God does not work with statistics He works with His will. So we prayed and family prayed, friends prayed, and even complete strangers prayed for our sweet girl to arrive.
The end of September came and went and we were still waiting for her. I began to get downcast thinking it might not happen and began to mentally prepare for what was looking like an induction still there was a ray of hope in all of that she would come on her own. Trusting in God has always been a journey for me and I have not since arrived at the final destination. God never ceases to graciously pour upon us more than we can ask or think to ask and yet in my walk with Him we come back again and again to the foot of the cross. . . and the truth that through it all we can trust Him.
October 1st I went to sleep . . . awaking at 5am with contractions my first thought is surely not. . . we are supposed to be induced tomorrow morning. The contractions grow my thankful heart starts to praise the Lord right there for what I cannot comprehend. Then I know, Jared calls, and we wait to go to the hospital. Jared's parents arrive and we leave. I had read a natural birthing book and saw a diagram of a woman holding onto a rope from a tree with her hands while in labor so I held on to the handle at the top of the van and pulled up with the contractions as we drove to the hospital. Praise music played, tears fell, prayers reigned and God was glorified for Life is His alone.
We arrive at the hospital and at this point I am in a lot of pain so much so that I cannot lie flat on the table as they want me to. They tell me my dilation and assure me that we are getting a room. I pace the room separated only by a curtain from the person next to me. Jared is there encouraging and helping through the process and they get the room. I walk to the room and by this time the pain intensifies. They cannot insert the IV due to me being in too much pain to sit still and the nurse asks if I want to sit on a yoga ball so that they can put in an IV and prepare to give me an epidural. I say ok. . . I get up off the yoga ball and I scream. I knew we were too far at this point and though I had never felt this I knew it was transition. I scream for an epidural and the remaining contractions I screamed like I have never screamed before. . . I cannot stop I don't know what to do I try to breathe and the contractions seem like we are super close to her arrival.
The doctor is at the foot of the bed, "Let's see if you will get an epidural or a baby." "You are going to get a baby." I panic. . . He calmly says, "That is not going to get your baby out, your baby wants to come out now with the next contraction push." I push three times. Alexa Hope Stockton arrives at 8:28am . . . we arrived at the hospital at 7:15am. I am in shock, Jared is in shock and we are both in awe.
As I write today I write with the knowledge that God is faithful beyond understanding, loving beyond comprehension, and His presence is so real that it's like He's standing right next to you. This is not my story. This is not Alexa's story. This began as God's story. God's ability to create life, his ability to sustain life, his ability to bring life, his ability to comfort through labor, and above all His will. The rest of her story has been written by Him. Our earnest prayer is that we would lead and guide our precious little girl to know the Father who loves her with an everlasting love. . . :) during that time we are also lavishly adoring this precious gift from Him!
Saturday, October 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment