Hi all I am back and ready to start a new study with you!!:) This month we will be studying prayer and the format will be a little different. I will share a passage most likely from The Valley of Vision a new love of mine, and then it will be up to each of us to pray and seek the Lord. This is not just for ourselves as each week we will have a prayer blanket: a specific list of items to seek the Lord upon (choose one or all) as we seek Him to change not just ourselves but our entire world. Also with this series, I would highly encourage and would love to have a prayer request comment chain. So please drop in your prayer request or a request for someone you know and we will add it to our list. May God move us closer, take us farther, dwell within us deeper than before.
From the Seasons handout of The Village Church:
"Thou has imputed my sin to my substitute,
and hast imputed his righteousness to my soul, clothing me with a bridegroom's robe,
decking me with the jewels of holiness.
But in my Christian walk I am still in rags;
my best prayers are stained with sin;
my penitential tears are so much impurity;
my confessions of wrong are so many aggravations of sin;
my receiving the Spirit is tinctured with selfishness.
I need to repent of my repentance;
I need my tears to be washed;
I have no robe to bring to cover my sins,
no loom to weave my own righteousness,
I am always standing clothed in filthy garments,
and by grace am always receiving change of raiment,
for thou dost always justify the ungodly,
I am always into the far country,
and always returning home as a prodigal,
always saying, Father, forgive me,
and thou art always bringing forth the best robe.
Every morning let me wear it,
every evening return in it,
go out to the day's work in it,
be married in it,
be wound in death in it,
stand before the great white throne in it,
enter heaven in it shining as the sun.
Grant me never to lose sight of
the exceeding sinfulness of sin,
the exceeding righteousness of salvation,
the exceeding glory of Christ,
the exceeding beauty of holiness,
the exceeding wonder of grace.
_Prayer from The Valley of Vision
This weeks prayer blanket:
Our own sin (repentance)
Our church (The Church of Christ) both here and around the globe
Our witness to others
Please leave your prayer requests in the comments section:
Friday, March 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My prayer request is going to sound so petty, but I truly believe in the power of prayer when people pray together.
My request: Is to lose weight.
I have lost a measly 4 pounds since I had Rori, which was one year ago this March. I truly have tried diets, exercising, and counting calories, but the weight just refuses to come off and stay off. This is one of my personal struggles that really needs the help of God to sustain a healthier lifestyle.
Liz,
I will def. add this to my personal prayer list as well as our ongoing prayer blanket. I too have felt the frustration of trying to get back in shape after baby and it can be very difficult. Praying for you as you embark on the journey to a healthy lifestyle.
Post a Comment