Wow, I can't believe that I am writing this update and that summer is almost gone. Time is sure flying by. . . and I am just trying to capture every moment. The month of July was very busy as we headed out for our family vacation to California; we also celebrated Jared's 27th birthday and our 4th wedding anniversary. It was a wonderful month and a hard one as we said goodbye again to family. Hope your July was wonderful as well feel free to share your updates below in the comments section, I'd love to read em'. . .
Our trip to California was wonderful. It was Kaleb's first time on a plane and he really did great, way better than anticipated. He adjusted really well to the change of scenery and time zones also. We enjoyed lots of family time with my grandparents, aunts, cousins, and second cousins, it was great! We went to the beach a couple of times and also enjoyed a little outlet mall shopping. All in all it was a trip that we will never forget as the ocean crashed against the shore and I watched my little one soak up the sand and surf there is nothing like that experience in all of the world. There is nothing like watching my son laugh with my grandpa or hug my grandma it was amazing. I feel like I have waited for so many of these moments for eight months. I was able to walk the shore with my husband, and somehow on the beach time just seems to stop if only for a moment. . .
Our 4th Anniversary was wonderful and very simple. We enjoyed picking out cards for one another and heading to a new sushi restaurant and a movie. We went back to the chapel once again and kissed on the same altar that we shared our vows four years before, it was perfect. We did not give gifts this year instead we chose to take another trip hopefully to Arkansas in the fall or the Grand Canyon in the late Spring as a family. It was a memorable day.
Jared: He celebrated the big 27 with a double stash and a salad bar at our place for his party. It was lots of fun! Other than that he has been really enjoying grilling and enjoying the summer outdoors. Work has been about the same, steady and progressive, and his current projects have really showcased his talent as a mobile developer. He loves spending time with Kaleb and making him laugh and he really enjoys relaxing with wifey.:)
Nicole: I have been so busy that I feel like I am running barefoot. (I know a new saying. . . Lol) July was a whirlwind and between the trip, the birthday party, the garage sale, starting my own small business, and trying to edit my writing time just got the best of me. In all of that craziness my days were paved with smiles and laughs with the little guy, play dates and swimming, it was a fun month. New recipes abounded as I got tired of cooking spaghetti every other week so we have been dining on some new dishes in July as well. Overall this month was one of much to be done and enjoying the sun. I was able to chip away at some editing, which I fully intend to finish and ship the project off in August, finally. . . and also turned over a new leaf in my relationship with God. So all in all July was wonderful. Here's to another. ;)
Kaleb: He has been one moving boy. This month he really started the babbling and it has not stopped ever since, can we say momma's boy:) He has been army crawling and barrel rolling all month which incidentally, he still is able to get into just as much as if he was walking which was fun for me. He adored visiting with my cousin and her kids and loves the other babies at mother goose and church. He is such a social boy. I don't think he has one ounce of fear, he loves to try anything no matter how scary. He currently loves to hold onto my hands to stand and let go even though he falls on his bottom:) He has 3 1/2 teeth now which makes that beauty of a smile even more special.
Share your July updates below. . .
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment