Saturday, June 30, 2012

June: Family Update

Hi all:) Still here just super busy and not able to blog much. Hoping to change that soon. Big plans for upcoming Bible Verses Posts and more. Hoping to blog a couple of times a week by the end of July. Anyways here is our June family update. Stay tuned tomorrow for the next Bible Verses post/series:)

All of us: We have had a busy whirlwind month this June!! We have enjoyed family barbeques in our backyard, a museum trip, a 6 month party and more. The summer is in full swing here at the Stockton's. We have completely settled now and I am making some small updates throughout the house in minor decorating. Our weekends have been so busy out and about with Kaleb and spending time with family and friends. It has been a great month. A special boy celebrated his first six months at the beginning of June, my mom had a birthday as well. We had a blast at the zoo other than running through it like crazy because of the heat. This month really made me remember where we were this time last year. Waiting for our little guy without ac in our apartment, and I praise God not just because we have ac now but because He never left us when we did not. He carried Kaleb and I through months of me working, a summer hotter than any on record, a hormonal imbalance and so much more, so we celebrate because He is good. When we walk through valleys He is good, and when we tread lightly He is good. He has never left us. Our God is faithful. :)

Jared: Jared took a trip to San Fran at the end of June for a Google conference and came back with lots of cool videos, gadgets, and memories. :) He was able to see the band Train there, eat sushi, and visit a really tall mall. Overall he has had a great month at work and was able to slow down a little. In the mean time he has been busy with all our family photo shoots and barbeques and party's. The man cave is coming along and he is able to relax for the first time in months, which is wonderful.

Nicole: I have been crazy busy with the little bear. We have gotten back into our schedule of yoga and reading times. I have started doing a yoga video at home whenever I can, it really helps my back, energy levels, and so much more:). I am still trying to finish up my short stories the end of August is my goal. Nearly there and that will be a weight lifted off my shoulders. Then, I need to complete my other writing project which I hope to do the following month, as it is near completion as well. I can't wait to get these things out and actually be able to see the results of years of work. In other news, I have been enjoying play dates with other mommas and girls night outs, not to mention date nights. It has been a great month but a super busy one.

Kaleb: He is doing wonderful! He is sitting up unassisted now and says mama, dada, and nana. He is nearly crawling and is starting to try to pull up a little as well. I am about to have my hands full! He has had fun this month playing, reading, and swimming in his little pool. He loves other babies and is the friendliest little guy. He enjoyed his party and all the love he has been getting from family and friends. He is such a joy of a baby and we are so blessed to have him each day.

How bout' you what did you do in June?

3 comments:

Liz Luscomb said...

Woo Wee! You're a busy little family. The zoo sounds like so much fun. Bubba has been wanting to go but I'm not a fan of TX heat. I told him we will wait until October, lol. I look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future! We need to get together soon for that lunch. (Like you're not busy enough already!) I'll email you later about it. ;)

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog