Sunday, September 27, 2015

Two Years (Finn Carter)

Here I am catching up to blogging. . . :) and I have sure missed it! September 8th we celebrated Finn Carter's Second Birthday and it was a blast! I wanted to post some of his milestones and a little bit more in depth description of his budding personality!

Finn 2 yrs:

  • Says: Mama, Dada, Dada come home, Walmart, Several Animal Sounds, Acorn, Nana, Orange, Poopa *his favorite word such a boy!, grandma, grandpa, gaga(his name for my mom), and others I am sure this list is far from comprehensive. 



  • We are working on getting rid of the pacifier hopefully for good shortly after he adjusts to sister being here. Currently he gets to sleep with it still and he loves it and refers to it as dodo . . . we have allotted him far more time than his big brother. . . whoops!



  • Currently he has used the potty and we plan to fully potty train him at the beginning of next year after the holidays. 



  • He absolutely loves the outdoors and collects many items on the nature trails, he loves to take his time and see and smell the flowers such a thoughtful child. 



  • He is very active and is highly physically able for his age. He keeps up well with his big brother which most of the time makes me a helicopter mommy, that's me hovering below the playground structure:) 



  • He is incredibly sensitive and loving in fact he carries around a doll he calls, sissa he hugs and kisses her and puts her in Alexa's crib;) 



  • He is my cuddle bug and I still rock him every nap and night (I know. . . ) but that is something I did regret with my oldest that we stopped rocking so soon so now here I am making up for it!:) 









Overall we are very blessed to watch Finn grow and develop and we are so happy that God gave us such a special soul to care for. . . along with all these strengths Finn does have several things we work on daily and we pray that he comes to know God soon and walks closely with Him always.


When I think back on September 8th I remember the first moment I held Finn and I knew that a piece of my heart was complete. . . that I had witnessed a miracle and held one in my arms, daily I am thankful that God continues to show me grace as a mother and allows me to watch this precious little boy grow. . .

No comments: